|Version||GNU/Linux 64-bits||Windows 64-bits||Sources|
|0.9.1||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.9.0||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.8.2||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.8.1||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.7.1||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.6.1||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.5.0||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.4.1||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
|0.4.0||[tarball] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]||[zip] [pgp]|
- Sets the CMake minimum version to 3.1: since CMake 3.20, version 2.8 has become obsolete.
- Sets the required version of Star-SampPling to 0.12. This version fixes compilation errors with gcc 11 but introduces API breaks.
-G option that saves and restores the state of the random number
generator. This option can be used to ensure the statistical independence
between successive runs.
- Fix man pages: the -D option of the solstice CLI was wrongly documented. The zenith and elevation angles were sometimes inverted.
- Bump version of the StarSP dependency to 0.8.
Fix the VTK of the receiver map: the receiver map was written as
the type notified in the VTK file was
float. This might produce errors on
loading of the resulting VTK file. The VTK data type is now set to
make it consistent with the type of the written values.
Add the support of per-triangle absorbed flux density. The
attribute of the receiver file format controls which flux densities to output
for each triangle of a receiver. Its value can be:
NONE: no per-triangle flux density is computed, i.e. no receiver map is output for the receiver. It was the comportment of the previous version of Solstice when the
per_primitiveflag was undefined or was set to 0.
INCOMING: output the estimate of the per-triangle incoming flux density. It was the comportment of the previous version of Solstice when the
per_primitiveflag was set to 1.
ABSORBED: output the estimate of the per-triangle absorbed flux density.
INCOMING_AND_ABSORBED: output both the estimates of incoming and absorbed flux density for each triangle of the receiver.
- Replace the
roughnessparameter of the mirror material by the
- Improve the documentation of the sun direction.
- Ensure that the per-receiver results are sorted according to the order of the receivers as listed in the submitted receiver file.
- Add the
- Add the
microfacetattribute to the mirror material. It controls the normal distribution of the microfacets when the mirror roughness is not null. The supported distributions are
- Fix the solstice-input man page. The
extinctionparameter of the medium and the atmosphere was named
- Rename the pillbox
- Rename the
absorptionparameter of the medium and the atmosphere in
- Add several global and per-receiver estimations. The outputs now fully describe the incoming and absorbed fluxes: overall flux, flux without material loss, flux without atmospheric loss, material losses and atmospheric losses.
- Rename the pillbox
- Fix the distribution of the pillbox sun: the pdf was wrong and its angular parameter was internally used as an angular diameter while it is a angular radius.
- Fix the solver for non parallel sun: the angle between the principal sun direction and the sampled direction was not correctly taken into account leading to a wrong initial weight for the optical paths.
- Fix the solver with shapes having perturbed normals: perturbed normals must be taken into account in the bounces of the optical paths only, not in the energy computations.
Improve the performances of the solver up to 50% in situations where the radiative random walks bounce on many surfaces.
- Update the name of the output data in the solstice-output man page.
- Fix an issue in "dump geometry" mode, i.e. option
-g. Solstice might fail to export the solar plant geometry due to a wrong constraint on the pivots.
- Update the color of the paths output with the
-poption. A path is blue, turquoise or yellow if it reaches a receiver, misses the receivers or is occluded before it reaches a primary reflector, respectively.
- Add a new type of paths tracked with the
-poption: a path is red if it travels unforeseen mediums.
- Correctly handle the
stacksparameter of the cylinder.
- Fix several issues in the output results. Refer to the Solsice-Solver 0.3 release notes for more informations.
- Add the
- Update the man pages to fix some issues and improve the output documentation.
- Update the solstice-input file format. The anchor and entity name cannot contain spaces or tabulations anymore.
- Fix the reported sun directions in the solstice-output. For each submitted sun direction, solstice correctly output its Cartesian coordinates but always wrote the azimuthal and elevation angles of the first direction.
- Update the solstice-output map page: add the missing
<efficiency>grammar rule and fix the definition of the
- Fix how the AsciiDoc tool suite is looking for on Windows; it was never found and consequently the documentation was not generated.
- Fix the install target on Windows: copy the solstice runtime libraries in the solstice installation path.
- Add the support of an optional normal map to the materials. It defines spatially varying normals in the tangent space of the surface. Currently, only the quadric surfaces are parameterizable: using a normal mapped material on the other shapes will produce unforeseen behaviors.
- Add the support of spectral data to the materials: a material attribute can be either a scalar or follow a spectral distribution.
- Add an optional atmospheric absorption after the first reflection of the light path; the sun description includes the atmospheric effect before the first reflector.
- Write the man pages of the Solstice command line and its associated file formats.
- Add the verbose option
- Update the output format of the simulation.