NAMEles2htcp - convert cloud properties from NetCDF to htcp(5) file format
les2htcp [option] ... -i NetCDF
les2htcp generates a htcp(5) file from cloud properties stores in a NetCDF file . Expected variables in the submitted NetCDF file are:
- * W_E_direction and S_N_direction: one dimensional list of position of the center of each cell along the West-East and South-North horizontal axis, respectively. This should be a homogeneous mesh: each cell should have the same width along each axis. The unit is assumed to be the meter but it can be adjusted by the -m option.
- * VLEV or vertical_levels: position of the center of each cell along the vertical axis. The vertical mesh can possibly be inhomogeneous: each cell can have different vertical extent. At least one of this variable must be defined. Note that VLEV is a four dimensional variable while vertical_levels is assumed to be one dimensional. In all cases, les2htcp assumes that the vertical columns are the same for each cell along the West-East and South-North axis. The unit is assumed to be the meter but it can be adjusted by the -m option.
- * RVT: water vapor mixing ratio in each grid cell; in kg of water per kg of dry air.
- * RCT: liquid water (in suspension) mixing ratio in each grid cell; in kg of water per kg of dry air.
- * PABST: pressure in each grid cell in Pascal.
- * THT: potential temperature in each grid cell in Kelvin.
- Advanced checks on the validity of the submitted NetCDF file with respect to the les2htcp prerequisites on the NetCDF data. Note that this option can increase significantly the conversion time.
- Force overwrite of the output file.
- List short help and exit.
- NetCDF file to convert.
- Scale factor from floating point unit to meters. By default it is set to 1.
- Destination file where the htcp(5) file is written. If not defined, the results are written to standard output.
- Targeted page size in bytes; must be a power of 2. The size of the converted NetCDF data and their starting address into the htcp(5) file are aligned according to page-size. By default, page-size is 4096 bytes.
- Write nothing to output. Might be used in conjunction of the -c option to only check the submitted NetCDF.
- Display version information and exit.
Convert the clouds.nc NetCDF file. Write the resulting htcp(5) file in cloud.htcp excepted if the file already exists; in this case an error is notified, the program stops and the cloud.htcp file remains unchanged:
$ les2htcp -i clouds.nc -o clouds.htcp
Convert the clouds_km.nc file to htcp(5) file format. Use the -f option to write the output file clouds.htcp even though it already exists. The clouds_km.nc file to convert has its spatial unit in kilo-meters while the htcp(5) file formats assumes meters: use the -m 1000 option to map kilo-meters to meters:
$ les2htcp -i clouds_km.nc -m 1000 -o clouds.htcp
Check that the submitted clouds.nc file is valid regarding the les2htcp constraints. Use the -q option to disable the generation of output data:
$ les2htcp -c -i clouds.nc -q
- 1. Network Common Data Form - https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/
Copyright © 2018, 2020 |Meso|Star> <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Copyright © 2018 CNRS, Université Paul Sabatier <email@example.com>. les2htcp is free software released under the GPLv3+ license: GNU GPL version 3 or later https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html. You are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.